REMOTE RUBY ON RAILS SOFTWARE ENGINEER
We are helping our client, one of the best tech start-ups to hire several Senior Software engineers.
Their offices are in Madrid but the position is open to anyone who prefers working remotely.
About the job
- Work on a majestic modular monolith built with Ruby on Rails, PostgreSQL, Redis, and Sidekiq. (We will train you in these technologies if you come from a PHP (Laravel) or Python background
- Bring your analytical skills to early product definition and help shape product ideas into technically feasible features.
- Document product, technical, and architectural decisions for engineering and product audiences.
- Do the integration with App Stores and payment providers.
- Own your work and ensure its quality, maintainability and supportability.
We believe that communication, empathy, curiosity, and open-mindedness are fundamental to success.
You should have:
- Considerable experience designing and developing APIs that scale to thousands of requests per minute.
- A solid understanding of the backend stack: HTTP, Relational Databases, Background Processing Systems, Asynchronous Messaging Systems
- A DevOps mentality of owning a service to production.
- Design, build and maintain features focused on our scope.
- Work with the rest of the squad by bringing new fresh ideas on how we could improve the API's process and infrastructure.
- Setup the needed architecture and structure to achieve the feature.
- Document all code changes and keep the feature codebase clean and working.
- Strong communication with different team members and code reviews. We expect our Backend Engineer to be the driving force for the entire development lifecycle
English is a must. We are a multicultural team.
- Remote work
- Flexible hours and work-life balance
- Stock options
- Visa sponsorship if needed
- Training: up to €2.000 per year for conferences, books and training.
- Language lessons
- Health care + wellbeing
- Flexible compensation
- Meal voucher
- Home office setup + allowance for remote expenses
- Feedback culture, we are people oriented!