Manager, Technology Management
- Blend software engineering with people leadership
- Innovative Agile culture
- Large global organisation with significant team in Ireland
- Influence strategic decisions in a cross functional environment
- Galway location
Our client is seeking a Director Technology Manager to lead cross functional teams while contributing value to customers.
In this role:
- You will be the direct line leader for Squad Leaders and a group of Chapter Leaders that directly manage chapter members working on multi-functional squads.
- As a seasoned organizational navigator, you will partner with leaders based in other regions to develop and support talent based in Ireland. These associates will be across a range of disciplines (software engineering, analysis, data, quality, etc.).
- You will actively bring new ideas, approaches, and insights to improve the work and develop new skills and capabilities in your area, enabling associate growth while adding greater value.
- You are committed to developing your own expertise and knowledge to bring the latest thinking to your role and empower others with that knowledge.
Strategic Advisor Technology Domain includes multiple software engineering chapter areas. You will report to the Head of Asset Management Technology Ireland.
You will work in partnership with other Tribes and Squads across AM Technology Domains, as well as with other Software Engineering CALs across Asset Management Technology both in Ireland and other regions.
The Expertise You Have
- B.S. in Computer Science preferred.
- 10-15+ years’ experience.
- Senior level experience leading, coaching, mentoring, and developing people and teams.
- Experience identifying and acquiring strategic talent needs; and strategic resource planning and talent allocation across large organizations.
- Agile leadership experience.
The Skills You Bring
- You are an inspirational leader skilled at developing others while modeling a culture of continuous learning, mentoring, and coaching.
- You demonstrate good communication, interpersonal and relationship building skills to influence decisions and engage the organisation and at all levels of the organization.
- You proactively develop and share your knowledge, expertise and perspectives and instill the same expectation with your team members and business partners.
- You apply a data-focused approach to decision making.
- You have proven organizational navigation skills and demonstrated ability to quickly acquire domain expertise.
- You have experience building community, standards development, and propagating excellence.
The Value You Deliver
- Supporting, mentoring, developing, and enabling Chapter Leaders to deliver increased value to our customers and the tribes and squads they support
- Partnering with leaders across the organization to:
- Influence strategic decisions and priorities related to your domain of expertise and remove strategic impediments to delivering value.
- Measure performance through established objectives and metrics that deliver agreed upon business, technology, and people results
- Support Chapter Leaders to ensure optimization of chapter member talent while defining and building learning opportunities connected to the strategic direction of the domains and tribes.
- Work with Squad Leads; Tribe Leads and Architects to develop platform and solution roadmaps.
- Ensure the solutions that are delivered meet high standards for quality, performance, and scale.
- Look for ways to reduce cycle time, increase velocity and increase release frequency for teams in the Agile model.
- Contribute to propagation of excellence.
- You will collaborate with senior leaders in Ireland to propagate best practice to ensure the culture and practices continue to support attraction, retention, and development of talent in the region.