Remote Senior NodeJS Engineer
We are helping our client to hire a NodeJs developer to join the API team.
You will be responsible for the developing, evolving and maintaining the clients API and its associated services.
You will be responsible for communicating with stakeholders to understand and refine user requirements, propose, accept, and seek approval for improvements and for delivering high quality software. As part of your role you, together with your team, will suggest and implement improvements to the software and the software process as well as helping to provide the necessary tools to operate, monitor and diagnose the applications.
- Develop and improve our backend services.
- Develop, improve and evolve our GraphQL Graph.
- Write unit tests and working to continuously improve our quality assurance process.
- Plan and architect the tech for new features, systems, and integrations and to make it happen.
- Apply best practices in software engineering, delivering projects on time, with excellent quality.
- Ensure the observability of the integrated systems and the integration system itself from metrics to logging.
- Take ownership of the platform, finding ways to improve its effectiveness, reliability and cost.
- At least 5 years of hands-on backend development experience.
- Extensive experience with Nodejs, Express, or any other Nodejs framework.
- GraphQL, including best practices and an understanding of the differences with traditional REST APIs.
- Working with source control systems (Git, TFS, Bitbucket, etc).
- TDD and continuous integration or continuous delivery.
- Pragmatism in testing and test-driven development.
- Agile Practices and the tools involved in them.
- Demonstrate extensive understanding of REST APIs and best design patterns.
- Ability to efficiently learn new tools and languages.
- Ability to work effectively with a diverse team that is geographically dispersed.
- Desirable experience working with Apollo GraphQL Server.
- Fluent English
- Fast-paced work environment.
- Available to travel occasionally to our offices in Madrid.
- 100% Remote contract (Freelance or permanent)