Lead Software Engineer – Java – Hybrid
- Job Ref: 8014
- IT - Java
We are looking for a Lead Software Engineer for my client a leader worldwide in the fintech industry.
About the role:
You are an experienced Lead Engineer, and you will provide technical expertise in Java-based, distributed, highly available applications, where system quality and performance is critical.
All About You:
- Provide guidance to other engineers in the team on best practices in engineering.
- Take technical ownership of projects or initiatives, spanning teams and multiple months of effort.
- Produce innovative technical solutions to meet business and product strategies.
- Mentor and guide less experienced developers.
- Collaborate with Operations to ensure successful production deployment of software.
What is offered to you:
- Experience developing large scale Java services and/or web user interfaces.
- Familiarity with high availability distributed systems, SOA and RESTful messaging.
- Proven experience working in a continuous integration environment and prefer collective code ownership.
- Knowledgeable about security concerns such as OWASP Top 10 and PCI DSS.
- Familiarity with APACS, ISO 8583, EMV or other card payment standards (desirable).
- Command-line scripting and troubleshooting skills (Linux).
- Hands-on experience working with version control (Subversion, git).
- Able to perform routine database administration and queries (PostgreSQL/MySQL).
- Familiar with continuous integration (Jenkins).
- Ability to automate unit, integration, and system tests.
- Attractive salary and benefits package
- Hybrid work with loads of flexibility