Project Manager | Ground Up
- Job Ref: 8214
- New Jersey
Project Managers are responsible for the overall management and success of assigned ground-up construction projects as measured by the attainment of quality, client satisfaction and profitability goals.
- Manages all staff assigned to the project and maintains strong working relationships with the project owner and all project team participants involved in the project.
- Provides direction for the accurate and timely completion of all paperwork and other administrative details required for strong project management execution.
- Monitors all project schedules, spending and related items to ensure timely and quality completion project.
- Prepares or reviews project status reports to ensure accuracy and facilitates project status meeting with owner, owner's rep, vendors and subcontractors.
- Conducts internal staff meetings to disseminate appropriate company and project information to ensure that project staff is informed of needed information.
- Review subcontractor and vendor invoices throughout the lifecycle of the project and approve for payment or negotiate appropriate changes with subcontractor.
- Provide timely and accurate information to accounting to ensure proper invoice preparation to client including change orders for approval of client.
- Ensure final payments are received from client and appropriate invoices are paid to subcontractors.
Qualifications & Requirements
- 10+ years of commercial general contractor project management experience (base building/ground-up/core and shell).
- Bachelor’s degree in Construction Science or equivalent work experience is preferred.
- Proven ability to build and maintain excellent working relationships with clients and architects.
- Professional experience should include strong supervisory responsibility as a Site Superintendent.
- Proficient with software such as Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Procore, Microsoft Project).
- Well-developed communications, decision making, financial analysis, interpersonal, organizational and teamwork skills are necessary.
- NYC Local Law 196 SST Supervisor Card-62 Hours