Project Manager | Millwork
- Job Ref: 8215
- New York
There is exposure to all functions of project management including scheduling, budgeting and quality. From program review to project closeout, the PM helps to review, assess and advise each matter involving time, money or quality. Working with the Project Superintendent, the PM is involved in day-to-day construction operations. They reviews change proposals, evaluates the correctness and assesses the impact on the project schedule.
The PM has the responsibility of any assignments and projects to which he is assigned. The major activities and responsibilities of the PM include:
- Gain familiarity with plans, specifications, addenda, and scope of each project managed that involve Mill work.
- Manage financial aspects of projects to protect the company’s interest and simultaneously maintain good relationship with customer.
- Manage project documentation (permits, licenses, submittals, RFIs, work plans, change orders, etc.).
- Manage purchasing of materials, subcontractors, and equipment rentals.
- Work with superintendents and foremen to plan, organize, and direct construction activities to achieve project objectives.
- Initiate and maintain contact with owners and owners’ representatives, and act as a liaison.
- Monitor project progress with respect to both financial and schedule performance, and control project through collaborative planning with superintendents and foremen.
- Represent organization in project meetings.
- Manage project performance data and formulate progress reports as requested by PM and organization executives.
- Assist accounting dept. by cost coding and approving for payment all project subcontractor and supplier invoices.
BS degree in Civil Engineering, Construction Management, Business Administration, or related field or equivalent work experience in heavy civil construction.
3+ years project experience in construction environments.
Experience in Millwork