Our client a leading insurance provider currently have an opening for a Head of Data Science. The successful candidate will be part of the companies growth and transformation phase.
- Outline and deliver Data and Operational Analytics roadmap to define, capture and report on the end to end funnel of all lines of business
- Elevate and promote the role data has in the future of the company
- Direct and grow an Analytics team in the interrogation and modelling of the companies business funnels to develop insights into efficiencies and business opportunities
- Introduce and manage gateways to deliver professional governance for all data and operational analytics
- Introduce progressive change, delivered by insight driven and experimental evidence-based testing, to incentivize customer interaction and optimize conversion
- Define roadmap for long-term strategy of leveraging data within the organisation towards an information driven and automated decision-making model in line with best in class business solutions
- Lead a team in leveraging Data modelling to develop strategies to drive transformation and improve performance.
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Science, Computer Applications or relevant field with an appropriate tertiary qualification as PhD/ Master’s in data related discipline.
- 5 years of experience in the data space and operational analytics role.
- Experience of managing data science or analytics teams.
- Consulting experience with data/ strategy combination, and commercial understanding i.e. ROI.
- Strong knowledge on programming languages as R, Python, SQL and SSIS.
- Experience on visualisation tools.
- Experience on data infrastructure, DWH design and architecture, Data capture..
- Strong analytical and reporting skills, highly numerate with the ability to solve complex problems.
- Experience on Agile development processes and best practices is desirable.
- Experience with Statistical modelling techniques such as regression, prediction and forecasting is desirable.
- Experience delivering complex technical outputs in an easily digestible format is desirable.
- Management Consulting experience is a plus.
- Strong interpersonal and presentation skills along with ability to drive change amongst all levels of stakeholders.
Interesting in hearing more? Reach out and I can provide you with a more details spec.
Client Requirements: Candidates must be have previous experience working in Ireland and hold a stamp 4 or EU citizenship.