Principal Java Engineer – Dublin
We are looking for a Principal Java Engineer to help my client in the development and implementation of this exciting new green field strategic technology platform.
About the role:
This is a fantastic opportunity for the right candidate to lead and shape this critical technology initiative, working with senior engineers around the world to deliver a large-scale Platform.
My client will count on you to:
What you need to have:
- Provide technical leadership to the distributed technology teams building the Digital Insurance Platform; including providing technical direction and guidance to multiple scrum teams and more junior team members.
- Shape and drive the technical development of the platform, including technology evaluation and selection, conducting proof of concepts and technical spikes, and leading solution architecture.
- Help define and ensure adherence to technology standards, agreed architecture, and engineering best practices, across the platform and implementation teams
- Work with senior business and technology stakeholders across the world to translate business needs into solutions that drive value.
What is offered to you:
- Significant experience in implementing and delivering microservice based systems to production, in a containerised and cloud first environment, with a focus on backend technologies, primarily Java, to deliver business logic.
- Experience of modern application architectures and in environments and cultures focused on achieving a very high degree of re-use.
- Strong understanding of SaaS technologies and architectures.
- Deep knowledge across a range of modern technology tools, languages and processes. The core technologies and tools we use include Java / Spring Boot, PostgreSQL, MongoDB, Apigee, Okta, Camunda, Kubernetes, Git, Jenkins.
- Experience of software development methods including Agile, Scrum, Kanban, CI/CD
- Salary up to €110K with 20% bonus
- Hybrid flexible working in Dublin City centre