Our finical services client is currently has an opening for a Principal Data Engineer as they look to grow their team. As Principal Data Engineer you will lead the design and development of cloud-based data services in support of the Enterprise Data Lakes and Analytics Platform.
- Bachelors in a technology related field (e.g. Computer Science, Engineering etc.) required.
- Extensive experience in solid data engineering practices. Specialist understanding and experience of methodologies like data warehousing, data integration and reconciliation.
- Strong experience in all aspects of data movement technologies (ETL/ELT), data modelling and data quality. Ability to build fault resistant data movement flows.
- Proven experience in cloud-based enterprise data architectures. Able to work with Architects on designing cloud-based data solutions.
- Ownership of technical solutions incorporating functional requirements, architectural patterns, standards and best practices. Accountable for necessary approvals and support
- Excellent team management skills; Establish strong team engagement and collaborative culture. Drives best practices within the team
- Ability to build and maintain strong cross-functional partnerships and relationships at all levels of the organization.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Exceptional mentoring and coaching skills and proven experience developing cloud talent
- Proven knowledge and experience of data engineering principles, patterns and practices and a commitment to continuous learning and improvement.
- Expertise in ELT/ETL as well as data streaming (e.g Apache NiFi, Kafka)
- Extensive experience working with AWS services, Docker, Kubernetes. MS Azure or other cloud providers experience is nice to have.
- Track record of guiding developments team through engineering (best) practices, balancing short term delivery needs and long term strategic direction
- You have excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Strong Focus on resiliency & reliability.
Interested? Reach out and I can provide you with a more detailed spec. Email: [email protected] or apply directly.