Superintendent | GC Interiors (FL)
- Job Ref: 8511
A superintendent oversees day-to-day operations on Interiors Construction projects. The superintendent is responsible for short-term scheduling, quality control and subcontractor coordination, advising the Project Manager if circumstances will impact the project schedule. This is not a comprehensive list and other duties may be assigned.
- Prepare and maintain daily reports, safety reports and inspection reports.
- Verify accuracy of construction plan measurements of floors, walls, ceilings, etc. and identify discrepancies and take corrective action with Estimating or Project Manager.
- Schedule and coordinate work crews consistent with project demands and schedule
- Schedule the routing and delivery of materials taking appropriate precautions to prevent job-site theft, organize building access & elevator usage.
- Co-chair weekly project team meetings to discuss project status. Document issues that impact the project schedule or will impact project budget and assign resolution to appropriate individuals in attendance.
- Enforce safety policies and procedures. Make active attempts to resolve labor disputes and personnel problems. Take unresolved issues to Project Manager when needed.
- Establish effective working relationships with clients, architects, engineers, subcontractors and others.
Qualifications & Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree in Construction Science or equivalent work experience is preferred.
- 10+ years of field experience in ground-up projects.
- Work experience should include some supervisory responsibility as a General Foreman, Field Engineer or Assistant Superintendent.
- Proficient with software such as Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Procore, Microsoft Project).
- Well-developed communications, interpersonal, organizational and teamwork skills are necessary.