- Job Ref: 8545
- New York
- IT - Support
End User Computing (EUC) Engineer
Location: New York Metropolitan Area.
Join our team of expert engineers in our End User Compute Team!
Working for The Company
Developing and engaging our people is a strategic priority for our business. We are looking for talented individuals to join our team and contribute to the companies’ future growth and success. We want to hear from candidates that are motivated, self-driven and have a passion to learn and develop their skills in the world of financial technology.
Who are we?
The company is a leading managed services and IT infrastructure products provider to the global capital markets community. Founded in 1993, the company began life as a hedge fund technology services provider. Today over 200 firms globally leverage the The companies platform, including the leading global investment banks, hedge funds and exchanges. We currently employ over 450 employees worldwide and are continuing to grow across offices in New York, Chicago, Belfast, London, Cambridge, Hong Kong and Singapore.
Why The Company?
- Global travel: We have offices in New York, Chicago, Toronto, London, Belfast, Dublin and across Asia.
- Continuous career development opportunities: We provide professional skills development and technical training.
- The chance to be a part of a self-sufficient, successful team: The Options team operates in a fast-paced environment with endless opportunities for innovation and forward-thinking.
- Competitive salary: In addition to a competitive salary, Options reward employees with a range of bonus incentives and employee benefits.
The successful candidate will maintain EUC environments involving Citrix, Windows 365 and Azure Virtual Desktop, will troubleshoot at the highest-level equivalent to 3rd line SME support, identify issues, automating processes and supporting the EUC strategy, whilst serving as a technical advisor promoting best security practices, identifying standards, monitoring and reporting on key metrics whilst partnering with account managers and other engineering teams. The role will involve advising internal and external parties on EUC-related strategies and support the research and envisioning of new EUC technology.
We’re looking for someone who has technical proficiency in:
- Windows 365
- Azure Virtual Desktop
- Microsoft Intune (Application Packaging, AutoPilot, MDM and MAM)
- Microsoft System Centre (Application Packaging, OSD)
- Citrix Virtual App & Desktop (both on-premises and as-a-service environments)
- Citrix ADC (previously Netscaler)
Typical Job duties would include:
- High-level troubleshooting for EUC technologies, acting as 3rd line SME support.
- Identifying common issues that should be automated (and assisting with automation development).
- Contributing to new customer opportunities, acting as technical pre-sales and working with other engineering teams and sales to produce high-level and low-level designs.
- Provide training and documentation around existing and new solutions so that other teams (support, account management and management) are aware of the EUC technology roadmap.
- Take part in a weekend ‘on-call’ rota, typically 1 weekend out of 6.
- Act as EUC technical advisor and engage in conversations that promote security best practices for enterprise architecture and functions such as, performance, requirements analysis and application governance.
- Lead 3rd party security audits/assessments regarding EUC technologies.
- React to EUC technology CVEs identified by the vulnerability management team, tracking the CVE from release through to remediation.
- Act as Project/technical lead for Microsoft 365 EMS, Windows 365, Azure Virtual Desktop and Citrix business as usual (BAU) and project work.
- Documentation around EUC standards, tools and support processes.
We’re also looking for candidates with:
- Strong research, writing and communication skills.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced and changeable working environment.
- Exceptional organizational skills and strong attention to detail.
- Desire to travel and see the world.
- Ability to work independently and manage your own projects in a professional manner.
- A passion for innovation and the financial technology sector.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Project management skills and proven ability to manage own workload.