Senior Engineer - Offshore Electrical Works – Dublin, Ireland
Our client is looking for a Senior Engineer to work on Offshore Wind projects in Ireland. You will work in a team to develop Offshore Wind projects and to identify and implement the most commercially appropriate contracting strategy to industry standards, safely and within budget. You will be required to engage with partners, contractors, OEMs and colleagues to influence a successful outcome for the projects.
· Act as electrical lead for the offshore substation and cable arrays and coordinate interfaces with offshore wind turbines, substation jacket, transmission export cable, onshore substation etc.
· Coordinate the overall windfarm system design with the relevant technical experts and the Transmission System Operator.
· Development of initial concept design of the offshore electrical elements of Offshore Windfarms for planning consent submissions, optimisation of grid connections and cost estimation.
· Optioneering of design solutions for offshore substation platforms.
· Coordinate with key stakeholders to develop competitive cost estimates for auction submissions.
· Identify the most commercially appropriate contracting strategy to deliver the project to industry standards, safely and within budget.
· Preparation of technical specifications, employer’s requirements, schedules, and other relevant documentation required to complete tender packages.
· Evaluation of tender submission and award to preferred tenders to achieve best value for money.
· Level 8 engineering qualification / Project Management Qualification
· 7 years’ experience in HV power industry or in the electrical works associated with large scale renewable generation projects.
· An excellent capability and experience in topside design development and optimisation and technical specification preparation.
· A good understanding of Tendering, Tender evaluations, scoping, planning, design, costing, construction and commissioning associated with substations or electrical works associated with offshore wind projects.
· Knowledge of Engineering, Procurement, Contract & Install (EPCI) specifically for offshore substations topsides.
· A proven track record in delivering offshore substations or electrical works associated with large scale offshore wind projects.
· Full Irish drivers’ licence
If this sounds like something that interests you, please apply below or reach out to Eddie McAndrew on [email protected]