- Job Ref: 8623
- New York
- IT - Project / Progamme Management
We are seeking a strong, dynamic Infrastructure Project Manager to join the Project Delivery Infrastructure Technology Solutions team to assist with the delivery of various technology initiatives to support TD Lines of Business.
The Project Delivery Leads are accountable to manage the ITS components of a technology project through the project life cycle. The successful candidate must be committed to professionalism, be highly organized, and must be able to work in a fast-paced, detail-oriented environment.
They set direction at a project operational level, work autonomously in the management of the unit and collaborate with other project managers to establish and execute common goals.
- Direct or manage multiple infrastructure implementation projects across singular and multiple lines of business, involving significant scope and complexity. Ensures delivery of projects to the business partner, meeting the approved scope, cost, schedule, quality and for the project.
- Perform a governing role for, ensuring that the proposal, execution, control, deployment, and hand off and closure meet promised schedules.
- Performs risk identification and mitigation activities, escalating unresolved issues to management where appropriate to secure their timely decisions and appropriate support.
- Manages the acquisition and deployment of resources, including budget, by working with the Infrastructure Design, Build and Deploy teams to secure the resources required for the project.
- Ensures client satisfaction with the project process and project team by effective and timely communication including status and financial reporting, continual risk/issue assessment/management and escalation, and resolution of issues as they arise.
- The successful candidate will be required to work with and influence senior level leaders and partner with other IT Managers.
- Assist with the delivery of Infrastructure components of Corporate Segment Technology Solutions projects (Tier 2, 3, 4 & 5) from concept to implementation.
- Assist with the management of multiple project resources from cross-functional ITS teams, as well as interfacing with project leaders, technology specialists, professional staff, vendors and consultants.
- Demonstrate strong communications skills (written & verbal), proven ability to effectively interact with individuals across business units and at various levels within the Bank (technical, business, including Senior & Executive Management).
- Strong cost estimation and financial management skills, using appropriate ITS tools and business practices, as it pertains to ITS’ technology effort.
- A thorough knowledge of TDBG Project Management methodologies (ex. PMLC, SDLC), and ensuring that recognized Project Management processes, discipline and controls are consistently applied to projects.
- Identify project dependencies and risks, ensuring that they are effectively managed
- Ensure mitigation/contingency plans are in place for identified risks.
- Assist with tracking project management deliverables against the budget and the approved project plan, working with Technology partners to develop the content of those deliverables
- Provide project reporting and ad-hoc analysis, and present project status and issues requiring attention by senior management.
- Manage communication to key stakeholders.
- Help build consensus and relationships with the project team and Business.