Distributed Java Engineer
- Job Ref: 8683
- IT - Java
Senior Java Engineer - Permanent - Galway
Location: Fully Remote
We are looking for a highly-motivated Java Software Engineer with knowledge asynchronous Java programming and distributed systems that will be integral to the design and development of their product.
You will be responsible for:
The skills you will bring:
- Work with your teammates to create innovative solutions running on large scale infrastructure
- Experience in a big data environment, in particular using Elasticsearch, is a must.
- Contribute to the development of high-quality, robust software by establishing good practices and habits.
- Contribute to regular bug scrubbing and fixing.
- Engage in code reviews for your teammates on GitHub.
- Graduate degree (or equivalent) in Computer Science, Engineering or a related subject
- At least 5 years of experience in Java development, particularly Asynchronous, Distributed, Multi-threaded programming.
- Prior experience with Elasticsearch, Solr or Lucene is a plus.
- Competences in data structures, algorithms and code optimisations.
- Experience with secured Elasticsearch installations a bonus.
- Competitive Salary, Stock Option Plan & Pension Contribution.
- Choice of the type of equipment you need to work more efficiently (Mac, Linux, Windows)
- Flexible remote-friendly work arrangement.
- A day for personal development in every sprint and access to online resources for self-learning.