Our client, an industry-leading fleet vehicle and field service management SaaS provider, is looking for an Engineering Manager to join their software development team in Dublin. You will be joining a cross-functional group of engineers in taking their field service management platform to the next level. You will be leading the Dublin-based software engineering team responsible for the web applications supporting their field service management solution.
The ideal candidate would have some engineering management experience, but it is also an excellent opportunity for a senior software engineer or tech lead looking to take the jump into full-fledged engineering management.
- Some experience as an engineering manager preferred, but we’ll also love to talk to any senior engineer with a desire to go the people-management route of software engineering.
- At least 5+ years’ experience in web software engineering.
- Experience developing in at least one of React or Python and preferably both.
- Deep knowledge and interest in Agile software engineering principles and practices, and a clear ability to know how to adapt those principles to different contexts.
- A proven ability to lead, organize and manage software projects. Line management forms a big part of this role.
- Experience working in cloud-computing environments such as AWS and event-streaming technologies such as Kafka.
- Domain knowledge in field service management, fleet tracking or ERP/CRM platforms a definite plus. Experience working with customer-facing products a must.
- Experience working in mobile-enabled platforms another big plus.
- Strong working knowledge of the tools supporting a healthy SDLC such as automated unit/integration/regression testing, CI, CD etc. essential.
- An ability to design, critique and reason about complex software architectures. Understands how to balance deliverability, reliability, sophistication and performance when considering different architecture design options.
- Experience in motivating colleagues to continuously improve the way they work and the software they build.
- It’s a people management position, so you’ll need a track record of conflict resolution, managing up, unblocking colleagues, promoting team harmony and generally helping to make the team you work in a healthier place to be.
Benefits and Perks
- Health and dental plan
- Pension plan with matched contributions of 6%
- Life and disability insurance
- 4 ½ day work week: we do not schedule calls on Friday afternoon and the product and engineering team are strongly encouraged to start their weekend early
- Flexible work environment: can work around core hours and opt in or out of hybrid office attendance. We’d encourage new hires to come into the office a couple of days a week to meet the team at first but more flexible arrangements and full remote can be considered
Please reach out to [email protected]
for more information.