IT Project Manager
- Job Ref: 9077
- IT - Project / Progamme Management
Group IT Project Manager
Location: Ireland or UK
Salary: GBP£75K /€80K plus bonus and benefits
Looking for an accomplished, qualified and dynamic Group IT Project Manager to manage and co-ordinate the delivery of IT applications and infrastructure projects. This role can be based in our London or Dublin office and will report directly to the Head of IT Change and Transformation. The Group IT Project Manager will be accountable for delivering a variety of IT projects across the company technology estate. The company operates across 10+ offices and data centre locations globally and is actively expanding into new territories.
- Create measurable business benefit and satisfaction through successful delivery of IT projects from inception to closure that may span multiple business units and territories.
- Provide leadership, drive and direction to cross-functional teams coordinating tasks and activities leveraging project scope control, quality control, communication management, change control management, risk and issue management to consistently meet objectives.
- Maintain awareness of dominant and emerging technologies and project management techniques and participate in establishing practices, templates, policies, tools and partnerships to expand and mature technology solution delivery capabilities for Group IT and the wider organisation.
- 8 + years’ experience demonstrating growth in responsibility over time, with at least five years of managing increasingly complex projects in a technical environment – ideally within an Insurance, Reinsurance or Financial Services context.
- Exhibits effective leadership, nurtures motivated, high-performing project teams with a passion for delivering customer value and business satisfaction.
- Possesses superior interpersonal and collaboration skills with proven ability to establish trust, foster productive, lasting relationships at all levels within the organisation ensuring alignment with common goals.
- Demonstrates positivity, flexibility and creativity in overcoming diverse challenges that can arise in complex, growth environment with multiple and changing demands.
- Shows confidence and effectiveness in all aspects of communication – you are clear, articulate and diplomatic with natural ability and knowledge required to traverse business and technical domains.
- Results-oriented – you set and meet realistic deadlines, prioritise work, anticipate issues maintaining momentum without undue prompting.
- Relevant certification such as Project Management Professional (PMP) or Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP) in conjunction with a demonstratable track record of structured delivery is a must; A relevant technology-related bachelor’s degree is highly desirable.