We are looking for a Data Engineering Lead to join the Digital Data & Analytics team. You will have the opportunity to work at the intersection of Data, Sport and Media.
This role would suit a strong data engineer who wants to evolve into a data engineering leader. If you have a solid technical background and an objective to build leadership skills we would love to hear from you!
Our data infrastructure is almost entirely built on AWS serverless components, and focused on infrastructure as code, near-real time and low/no code solutions where possible. We continuously evolve to provide the most effective solutions in a high volume high availability environment.
We are a dynamic and multicultural team of specialists with a range of skills from analytics, statistics, and data engineering to business communications and project management. We highly value diversity of background and perspective.
Duties & Responsibilities
In this role you will be a key leader of our data engineering work. You will take responsibility for leading the approach on all new components as well as the continuous evolution of our current components. The emphasis is on guiding our partner development teams, with occasional hands-on coding as a means to achieve this objective.
- Design and delivery leadership components that meet requirements .
- Contribute to the overall data infrastructure architecture, including understanding opportunities and feasibility of adopting new cloud components
- Review existing implementations to identify opportunities to optimise performance or reduce cost
- Troubleshoot data issues and perform root cause analysis to proactively resolve issues and identify improvements
- Lead partner code reviews to ensure quality of components built.
- Help to define, measure and monitor smart and realistic technical Service Level Agreements (eg availability, update latency, incident resolution) as a means to align expectations between users and partners.
- Coordinate the approval of roles and permissions to sensitive production systems
- Have daily stand ups with the Data engineering service
- Discuss technical approach for future projects
- Monitor the evolution of current data engineering projects (like the evolution of our Data Lake, cost reduction strategy for cloud costs, etc)
- Troubleshoot data issues and perform root cause analysis to prevent future issues
Skills & Requirements
- 8+ years of relevant/professional experience related is required
- At least 5 years of experience developing data related software.
- Experience with Cloud environments is expected, especially in an serverless environment. Ideally AWS but other cloud experience is also appreciated. Proven track record of leveraging massive amounts of data to drive business progress.
- Familiarity with Machine Learning is appreciated
- Experience guiding and executing cross-functional data engineering projects to completion, while remaining hands-on.
- Ability to design and develop software integrations between applications using common technologies (eg HTTP, REST, JSON)
- Familiar with Cloud Security concepts
- Familiar with GDPR is appreciated
- Experience working with external vendors to deliver projects.
- Fluent in oral and written English, comparable to C1 proficiency
Workplace & Environment
- Fast paced International work environment;
- Based in Madrid, with flexible 30% working from home allowance (subject to updates of the policy)
- Subject to national/international criminal background checks;