Retail Project Manager
- Job Ref: 9135
- Project Management
Senior Retail Project Manager
Salary circa 90-100k plus benefits
Location: Dublin City Centre
Responsibilities and Duties
- Lead the planning and implementation of the programmes and projects, ensuring all work streams are delivered within budget, on schedule, and without any impact to the operational KPIS of the store and customers.
- Deliver and manage retail projects in parallel through all phases including planning, analysis & design, execution, service transition and closure.
- From the beginning ensure there is agreement on the scope of the projects with the project team, key stakeholders and project sponsors. Ensure the agreed projects are clearly identified and documented, and that the impact in any shift in scope is made clear in terms of effect on time, cost, and risk.
- Define KPIs during the initiation and planning stages to track the successful delivery of the project.
- Manage external partner ensuring they meet on their commitments and support.
- Work with a retail cross functional team and external vendors ensuring all parties are aligned and completing tasks as required and agreed per project plan.
- Develop full-scale project and programme plans; facilitate the project scope, goals, tasks, resources and deliverables.
- Control the Project Scope and Change Management process.
- Own all Project Governance; report to the project sponsors on the status and progress for all projects, ensuring customer interests are best-served.
- Oversee the transition of new processes from project delivery to operational support across the business, ensuring the right support resources are in place.
- Manage project risks, issues, dependencies, and benefits to enable the achievement of project objectives.
- Manage the project budget throughout the project lifecycle.
- Be familiar and learn the key retail terms, language and ways of working to support the change management approach.
Qualifications & Experience
- 5+ years’ experience in a Senior Project or Programme Manager role.
- Project Management qualification: PMP, Scrum Master Certification, Prince2.
- A proven track record of project managing process change, or process improvement in a complex environment across multiple sites.
- Experience of project managing in a retail environment or similar industry is an advantage
- Competent in large scale, high impact project rollout to multiple locations with a strong process improvement and savings focus.
- Experience working with cross functional teams with varying background of skills and experience and comfortable aligning them to the common goal of the project.
- Proven responsibility in all phases of project and delivery within tight deadlines under pressure.
- Exceptional project management skills with experience of project management methodologies and tools.
- Ability to deal with ambiguity and change.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills both verbal and written.
- Fluency in written and spoken English.
- Effective communicator with a positive and confident attitude both written and verbally.
- A strong team player with a flexible approach and an aptitude for solving problems.
- Highly organised and motivated with a willingness to learn.
- Keen attention to detail, focussed on the accuracy of all output.
- Strong analytical skills, logical and structured in approach.
- Proactive and energetic in the work situation, seeking to get things done and at deal with a variety of tasks.
- Passionate and interested in the retail environment.
- Ability to create a positive and engaging working environment.