Lead Site Mechanical Engineer
- Job Ref: 9239
- Role: Lead Mechanical Engineer
Duration: 7 months Contract - Until January 2024
Rate: €700-€750 per day
Our client in Dublin is looking for experienced mechanical engineers to supplement its existing site teams, acting as owners engineer and reporting into the project mechanical lead and site / project management team
Knowledge, Skills and Experience
- Work with the Safety Adviser to ensure that all works undertaken during the project are executed in accordance with statutory safety, health, and environmental regulations
- Management of the main mechanical contracts scopes as assigned by the Project Manager, Mechanical Lead or Site Manager.
- Liaison with the Engineering & Major Projects team to successfully deliver projects
- Support the implementation of Inspection & Test Plans (ITP) for the Mechanical aspects of the units
- Management of quality in accordance with responsibilities listed in the Project Quality Plan.
- Day to day supervision and point of contact with contractors and their works.
- Work with and support the station Management and Maintenance Teams during the course of the project
- Undertake safety, environment and quality audits
- Reporting on progress against schedule and attendance at various project meetings as deemed appropriate by the Project Manager and / or the Site Manager.
- Work with the Project Manager to control costs for assigned contracts
- Management of special tooling requirements with the principal Contractor
- Development of technical specifications for work scopes on Mechanical plant and equipment and involvement in various stages of tendering and procurement process
- Ensure all Mechanical procedures and drawings are updated
- Attendance at Factory Acceptance Tests (FATs), workshop visits, if required
- Creation of Mechanical Close-Out Report
- Review of commissioning procedures and ensure implementation
- Experience working on construction projects, particularly in the power generating industry
- Experience of Power plant mechanical plant, incl, Pumps, Motors and Valves etc
- Well versed with Health, Safety and Environment Standards and procedures
- Third level qualification in Mechanical Engineering or related discipline