The Market Data Site Reliability Engineering team in the Technology group provides real-time data technology solutions for stock market quoting, charting, and news access throughout the industry. Our Triple-A rated services are essential to core businesses, facilitating the data demands of fund managers and retail customers alike.
We are currently seeking an outstanding candidate to fill the role of Senior Site Reliability Engineer in the Market Data team.
The Purpose of Your Role The position requires a deep understanding of application and infrastructure support and familiarity with supporting cloud computing environments. You must be a self-starter who is passionate about the technology you are supporting and eager to enhance its reliability through developing platform improvements. You should enjoy working on a mix of old and new technologies in a team environment, where your success depends heavily on the performance of your team and organization. You should have an appetite and appreciation for new technologies and their disruptive influence. This position involves exposure to financial business applications, comprised of both custom and third-party products.
The Expertise You Have
• Third Level Qualification in IT or a related field
• Five or more years’ experience in system and application support-related roles • Strong incident management skills
• Troubleshooting and problem-solving skills
Experience of supporting both large multi-server distributed UNIX/LINUX environments and AWS based cloud applications
• Application Software Development experience
• Strong verbal and written communications skills
You will be part of a globally distributed team of support engineers (Ireland, India, and US based), operating a follow-the-sun support model.
The Skills You Bring
• Customer incident triaging: including ownership, communication, and eventual resolution
• Cloud operator support and monitoring solutions
• Experience with shell scripting, Python programming, and AWS Lambda
• Linux Sysadmin
• Network topology understanding
• Knowledge of working in an Agile Environment
• Knowledge of application development and release cycles (DEV/QA/UAT/PROD) including pipelines
• Ability to program in one or more high-level languages
• Ability to manage AWS services via both console and API
• Awareness of both current and emerging technologies
• Strong troubleshooting skills, desire to dig deep to identify problems and find resolutions in a timely manner
• Knowledge of collaboration tools such as Confluence/JIRA
The Value You Deliver
Ensure the team meets its SLA commitments to both internal and external partners in promoting the highest quality and frequency of stock pricing and related financial market news.
If you're a passionate Senior Site Reliability Engineer looking for an exciting opportunity to work with cutting-edge technologies in a dynamic team environment, then let's connect! Feel free to reach out to me for further details or to express your interest in this role. Looking forward to hearing from you!
#SiteReliabilityEngineer #CloudComputing #TechOpportunities #JobOpening