Java / Kotlin Senior & Principal Engineers – Dublin
- Job Ref: 9340
- IT - Java
We are looking for talented Java / Kotlin Senior & Principal Software Engineers, for my client a product company delivering an enterprise SaaS product with consumer application aesthetics.
About the role:
You will be instrumental in partnering with the team to deliver a compelling SaaS product. You will be a key contributor working with product designers and front-end engineers to implement the back-end of solutions, and in turn influence the direction and the architecture of our product.
- Analyse, design, build, and test highly resilient & scalable services using Java, Kotlin in IntelliJ
- Work as part of a fully independent fully empowered feature team to build great features that delight our customers.
- Release software multiple times per day using highly integrated CI/CD
- Create application telemetry for rapid production feedback loops
- Write unit tests for complex logic and acceptance tests for any change in our REST / GraphQL APIs
- Here’s the Essential Skills you have:
- can communicate complex information clearly and simply
- have already worked on commercial JVM based software in an Agile lifecycle including TDD, pair programming, short release cycles
- have experience with at least one automation focused scripting language
- have an aptitude for fast prototyping
- have a solid grasp of software engineering fundamentals and their practical application
- have a passion for owning a project from end to end - working with product managers to determine requirements, writing the design doc, building the code and writing unit tests.
- Desirable Experience:
- Experience writing or integrating with GraphQL APIs
- Full stack web development with a modern web framework
- Deployment and configuration management tools like Docker, Gitlab, Flux, Argo
- Languages: Kotlin, Typescript