- Job Ref: 9349
Job: Safety, Health, Environmental and Quality (SHEQ) Manager
Location: Cork. Travel to their Longford office required 1 day per week (pool car will be provided)
Salary: Depending on experience
Our client in Cork is looking for a Safety, Health, Environmental and Quality (SHEQ) Manager to join their team.
Reporting to their Head of Group Operations, you will be will be responsible for implementing the highest SHEQ standards across their sites in Cork and Longford, whilst promoting and supporting continuous improvement and best practise.
Taking the lead in the ongoing development of all SHEQ policies and procedures, you will also maintain a working knowledge of all H&S legislation, providing advice and support to site management.
- Drive SHEQ compliance and continuous improvement by engaging, challenging, and influencing colleagues proactively.
- Document risk profiles through assessments and implement action plans to reduce risk in line with control hierarchy.
- Establish an effective SHEQ on-boarding program for all site personnel, including employees, contractors, and visitors.
- Train and coach Fermoy and Longford teams to enable their active contribution, leadership, and management of SHEQ.
- Develop and maintain practical policies and procedures for all sites in Ireland in collaboration with Fermoy and Longford management.
- Regularly review policies and procedures to ensure practicality and alignment with business needs and legislation.
- Stay updated on health and safety legislation and industry developments, maintaining a working knowledge.
- Promote safety, health, environment, and quality awareness across all teams, emphasizing their importance and priority.
- Collaborate with peers and management from other areas to shape the SHEQ agenda and foster a culture of engagement, ownership, and continuous improvement.
- Incorporate adequate H&S controls into equipment upgrade and installation design specifications.
- Conduct robust and up-to-date risk assessments and provide relevant training for activities across all Irish sites.
- Assess workplace hazards, formulate preventive measures in collaboration with management to reduce risks.
- Regularly inspect sites to ensure policy and procedure implementation.
- Organize random safety inspection audits, analyze and report results, and follow up on suggested improvements.
- Collaborate with relevant regulators auditing and inspecting sites and activities.
- Ensure timely reporting, investigation, and resolution of incidents and near misses.
- BSc (hons) Occupational H&S/NEBOSH Diploma or equivalent
- 5 years + Health & Safety experience with at least 3 years manufacturing experience, ideally in a heavy industry sector.
Knowledge of BS OHSAS 18001 and ISO 45001 standards in a heavy production environment is important, and environment (ISO 14001) and quality (ISO 9000) would be an advantage
- Full clean driving licence.
- Excellent report writing and numerical skills with proficiency in MS Office
- Experienced in all areas of Health & Safety including maintaining policies, assessing risks, training, audits & inspection, dealing with incidents and reporting