Technical Project Manager
- Job Ref: 9455
Technical Project Manager
This is a full-time role based in our Chicago office, reporting to the Head of the Market Data Technical Project Management Team. The successful candidate will work closely with Options Network Engineering, Data Centre Operations, Deployments, Development, Support, and other teams and manage multiple projects of various complexity. The PM will be comfortable acting as a liaison between internal teams, external vendors, and client stakeholders to successfully implement our content platforms in varied and fast-paced environments.
We’re looking for someone who has technical proficiency in:
Typical Job duties would include:
- Exceptional written and verbal communication across a range of communication styles and technical expertise.
- Proven administrative and organizational competence.
- Able to independently manage a working portfolio of projects.
- Adaptable, with excellent problem-solving skills (both independently and collaboratively).
- Able to rapidly grasp and accurately retain new information.
- Experience working with project management and/or ticketing software.
- Experience in the information technology and/or finance industry; note that a proven ability to grasp technological and/or financial precepts rapidly would be acceptable in lieu of direct experience in the sector.
We’re also looking for candidates with:
- Delivery of internal and external projects in a timely, effective manner.
- Proactive communication and collaboration with a global distributed team, with a view to balancing divergent priorities.
- Manage a broad portfolio of projects of variable size, scope and urgency.
- Identify and manage key stakeholder expectations, both internal and client-facing.
- Maintain administrative organization, including succinct project reporting.
- Critically reflect on project successes or failures; make appropriate recommendations for future projects.
- Prompt and appropriate escalation of issues to team leads, where relevant.
- Effectively utilise available in-house tooling, including reporting bugs and/or discussing feature addition.
- Strong research, writing and communication skills.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced and changeable working environment.
- Exceptional organizational skills and strong attention to detail.
- Desire to travel and see the world.
- Ability to work independently and manage your own projects in a professional manner.
- A passion for innovation and the financial technology sector.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Project management skills and proven ability to manage own workload.
- The Company is a leading managed services and IT infrastructure products provider to the global capital markets community. Founded in 1993, the company began life as a hedge fund technology services provider. Today over 200 firms globally leverage the Options platform, including the leading global investment banks, hedge funds and exchanges.
- We currently employ over 450 employees worldwide and are continuing to grow across offices in New York, Chicago, Belfast, London, Cambridge, Hong Kong and Singapore.