DevOps Engineer – Galway – contract
- Job Ref: 9546
- IT - Cloud / Devops
We are looking for an experienced DevOps Engineer for a 12-month rolling contract with a leading financial services client in Galway.
*For this position you need to be based and be eligible to work in Ireland – only EU/UK passports, Stamp 4 and Stamp 1G spouse are acceptable.
About the role:
As a DevOps Engineer, you’ll get the opportunity to develop your skills and collaborate with engineers in a fun and dynamic environment. You will work closely with software engineering teams on integration applications and vendor products (e.g. Tableau), and Business teams to coordinate incident response.
- Managing AWS-hosted applications with focus on AWS services such as EC2, Systems Manager, S3, CloudWatch, Lambda, etc.
- Creating and maintaining Jenkins Core pipelines
- The ability to configure, monitor, and act upon DataDog observables.
- Ability to source and interpret logging data from various sources, e.g. Vendor logs, for debugging and issue resolution.
- Automation skills (PowerShell, Python) and mindset of process improvement.
- Any experience with Tableau or another data visualization tool is a bonus.
If this is of interest to you contact me for more details [email protected]
- Supporting, maintaining, and upgrading environments and vendor platforms.
- Triaging issues, troubleshooting, building knowledge base articles, and collaborating with the production support desk.
- Engaging with various business stakeholders and external vendors.
- Navigating a large and complex organization and engaging with multiple diverse teams to achieve objectives.
- Management of Change and Incident management processes and tools.