Azure Principal Cloud Engineer – Galway
- Job Ref: 9740
- IT - Cloud / Devops
We are looking for an Azure Principal Cloud Engineer in Galway to join a well-established and dynamic team with our client a leader in the fintech industry.
About the role:
You you’ll focus on developing process automations, platform onboarding, CI/CD pipelines, DevOps, and Azure Subscription and Resource Management. You will help scale the growing public cloud presence and ensure reliable runtimes for my client's critical workloads.
The Expertise You Have
The Skills You Bring
- 8-10+ years of hands-on experience deploying and/or supporting highly distributed multi-tiered cloud systems at scale.
- Hands-on experience with Public Cloud environments, primarily Azure, AWS Exposure is helpful.
- Hands-on experience with container orchestration, preferably with Kubernetes
- Collaboration and Relationships - Ability to work with a variety of individuals and groups, both in person and virtually, in a constructive and collaborative manner and build and maintain effective relationships.
What is offered to you:
- Solid understanding/experience of networking, virtualization, storage, secrets management, messaging and serverless
- Experience with Linux and Windows systems, ideally with experience in systems administration
- Ability to automate with various scripting languages: Python, Shell scripting, etc.
- Experience managing systems using infrastructure as code tools: IAM, ARM, Bicep, Terraform, Ansible.
- Demonstrated ability to utilize modern monitoring tools: DataDog, Prometheus, Splunk.
- Proficiency with CI/CD tools, especially Jenkins
- Ability to triage, execute root cause analysis, and be decisive under pressure.
- The opportunity to join a fantastic culture working with the latest tech stack alongside talented engineers.
- A decent base with outstanding benefits and career progression support and development