Site Reliability Engineer – Galway
- Job Ref: 9742
- IT - Cloud / Devops
We are looking for a Site Reliability Engineer in Galway to join a well-established and dynamic team with our client a leader in the fintech industry.
Working Hours: Standard 40 with once monthly weekend on-call responsibility!
About the role:
You will be joining the Market Data Site Reliability Engineering team in the Fund and Investment Operations Technology group that provides real-time data technology solutions for stock market quoting, charting, and news access throughout the entire business enterprise.
The Expertise You Have
The Skills You Bring
- Five or more years’ experience in system and application support-related roles
- Strong incident management skills
- Troubleshooting and problem-solving skills
- Experience in supporting both large multi-server distributed UNIX/LINUX environments and AWS-based cloud applications.
- Application Software Development experience
What is offered to you:
- Customer incident triaging: including ownership, communication, and eventual resolution
- AWS Sysadmin and monitoring solutions or other cloud operator support
- Experience with shell scripting, Python programming, AWS Lambda
- Linux Sysadmin
- Network topology understanding
- Knowledge of working in an Agile Environment
- Ability to program in one or more high-level languages.
- Knowledge of collaboration tools such as Confluence/JIRA
- The opportunity to join a fantastic culture working with the latest tech stack alongside talented engineers.
- A decent base with outstanding benefits and career progression support and development