Finance Executive – General Ledger & Treasury
- Job Ref: 9778
- Accounting and Finance
Finance Executive - General Ledger & Treasury
Location: There will be a blended work model, including remote working and flexible arrangements, with office locations in:
- Dublin 1, Co. Dublin
- Tuam Road, Co. Galway
Annual Leave: 26 Days (Pro- Rata)
Working Hours: 35 hours per week.
End Date: 6-month contract
Job Purpose: To lead the annual and monthly financial reporting process. Point of contact for a number of Business Units within the agency, providing support & advice. Maintaining and overseeing Fixed Asset Register and Treasury unit. The role will include some project duties and ad hoc tasks as and when required.
Primary Objectives/Key Responsibilities:
- Preparation of monthly and Year End Financial Statements.
- Liaise with the office of the Comptroller and Auditor General (C&AG) regarding the organization of the year-end audit and provide all requested information.
- Supporting and participating in the ongoing review and improvement of the system of Internal Financial Controls within the agency.
- Aid in the development of internal procedures and policy documents across the finance division to ensure they are aligned with the agency’s objectives and accounting policies.
- Engagement with Internal Audit and implementation of IA recommendations.
- Maintain and monitor the Fixed Asset Register for all assets.
- Provide support to the business units in relation to planning, organizing, controlling, and managing their capital spend budgets.
- Oversee cash management and the company’s treasury management function.
- Implement knowledge and experience of governance within the public service, particularly the Code of Practice for the Governance of State Bodies 2016.
- Promote and ensure full compliance with all Finance Policies and best accounting practices at all times.
- Keep up to date with any changes or updates in codes of practice or accounting policies.
- Ensure all financial statements are in line with accounting policy and procedures.
- Maintain the required documentation for internal and external audits.
- Maintain internal policy and procedures documents.
- Comply with GDPR and Data Protection legislation in relation to all areas of responsibility.
- Carry out all other duties as required and participate as a full member of the Finance Team by supporting different work projects, as required, from time to time.
Person Specification: Essential Criteria:
- Minimum of four years’ experience within a financial role.
- Experience using integrated Finance Systems.
- High proficiency in MS Office, particularly Microsoft Excel.
- Well-organized with excellent planning skills and the ability to prioritize work and meet deadlines.
- Demonstrate experience in strong stakeholder management and building strong working relationships.
- Fully Qualified Accountant or part-qualified working towards achieving a full qualification.
- Member of a recognized accountancy body.
- Understanding of public sector financial practices.
- Demonstrate understanding of government codes of practice.
- Managing Relationships
- Planning and Managing Work
- Communicating Effectively