Officer B2C Digital Marketing
- Job Ref: 10016
WHO WE ARE
When you join the Fáilte Ireland team, your work will be more than just a job.
You will become part of a talented and diverse community of employees whose mission and passion is to promote and support the development of tourism across Ireland.
To do this we create and invest in world class tourism brands, including the Wild Atlantic Way, Ireland’s Ancient East, Ireland’s Hidden Heartlands and Dublin. We develop brilliant visitor experiences that position and sustain Ireland as an attractive and compelling destination.
We provide strategic leadership and a wide range of practical supports and training to tourism businesses and we work in partnership with government and other agencies to maximise our impact throughout communities and across regions as we develop a vibrant and sustainable tourism sector.
To enable our staff to thrive, we provide a respectful and supportive work environment. Not only are we recognised as a Great Place to Work but we’re also listed in the top five most trusted organisations in Ireland.
Our supports include flexible and family friendly work policies with blended working arrangements. By joining Fáilte Ireland you will work in a nurturing team-based environment in a culture that is values driven with excellent opportunities for professional and personal development.
You will enjoy a richness and diversity in your work alongside talented colleagues, specialist external partners and a variety of tourism and community stakeholders to deliver the impact we aspire to.
We now have a vacancy for an
OFFICER, DIGITAL MARKETING B2C
Permanent, Full Time
Fáilte Ireland invites applications for the position of Officer, Digital Marketing B2C. The role will report to the Digital Marketing Manager.
Over the last 4 years Fáilte Ireland has transformed our B2C Digital Eco-System. The next stage of our transformation journey is to continue to leverage visitor insights to deliver more relevant content to our visitors, build personalised and rich relationships with them and encourage them to not only take a holiday in Ireland, but also to become advocates for Ireland as a short break destination.
Fáilte Ireland operates at the leading edge of digital marketing to reach and influence our target audiences. Joining a strong Digital Marketing team, the successful candidate will have evidenced digital skills and experience in working cross functionally with other teams and stakeholders, internal and external.
This is an exciting opportunity for an ambitious and passionate Digital Marketing professional. This role is strategic, and results focused, requiring a candidate with strong business acumen to be responsible for the delivery of all our B2C Social Community management, SEM, SEO optimisation and omnichannel content creation projects. The role will also be supporting on email marketing transformation and personalisation, working with the wider Fáilte Ireland digital team, marketing communications team and agency partners.
The ideal candidate will have a proven track record in both the planning and execution of digital strategies, performance and analytics, personalisation, omnichannel content development across all digital channels including social, email and websites. They will have a creative and innovative mindset with the ability to think outside the box.
Fáilte Ireland’s marketing division drives domestic demand for holidays at home by marketing Ireland’s four regional experience brands: Wild Atlantic Way, Ireland’s Ancient East, Ireland’s Hidden Heartlands and Dublin.
Note: Our partner agency, Tourism Ireland, has the responsibility of marketing the Island of Ireland to overseas holidaymakers. We work very closely in partnership with them as they develop global campaigns. JOB DESCRIPTION
PRIMARY OBJECTIVES/KEY RESPONSIBILITIES
Key Deliverables Strategic
• Lead and develop enhanced Social Media Strategies.
• Lead and refine the strategic approach to Search Engine Optimisation (SEO) and Search Engine Marketing (SEM).
• Contribute to the development of a strategic approach to digital content fuelled by insights, market trends, organisational objectives, and transformative thinking.
• Contribute to the vision and delivery of personalisation solutions across the digital eco-system.
• Lead on festival and events digital marketing strategy and implementation. Operational
• Lead the ongoing Social Community Management across all channels, managing external agency partner and internal team as appropriate.
• Lead the ongoing SEM workstreams for both Discoverireland.ie and VisitDublin.com.
• Lead the Digital Performance team to optimise the websites front and backend.
• Monitor effective benchmarks for measuring the impact of our activities, analyse, review, and report on effectiveness of campaigns in an effort to maximise results.
• Contribute to the development & implementation of content ideation, creation, and planning specifically for festivals and events.
• Work closely with the team on our website digital content management system, to ensure that all content is accurate and optimised for SEO and visitor requirements.
• Contribute to the implementation of personalisation solutions across the digital eco-system.
• Coordinate weekly meetings with agencies and stakeholders.
• Support the members of the team in all administration and financial management tasks.
• Work with the Consumer Insights & Planning team to disseminate and implement key learnings into digital initiatives to give us greater insight and understanding of our visitor.
• Management of project budgets.
• Manage all staff reporting to the position to effectively train, evaluate, motivate, delegate, and monitor their activities.
• Conduct Performance Reviews in line with Fáilte Ireland policy.
• Develop appropriate tenders and coordinate the procurement process in line with Fáilte Ireland policy.
• Carry out all other duties as required and participate as a full member of the Digital Marketing Team by supporting different work projects, as required, from time to time.
PERSON SPECIFICATION ESSENTIAL CRITERIA
In order to be eligible to apply for this role you have/demonstrate in your application form the following
• A minimum of three years of related experience in a similar role with tangible results in building and maintaining a brilliant online presence.
• Experience in working in a busy demanding environment across multiple disciplines.
• Proven experience in proficiently translating digital marketing strategies into actionable plans and executing prioritised tasks to deliver substantial business impact.
• Experience in a minimum of three of the following:
- Experience in Social Media Management
- Experience in omni-channel content development and dissemination
- Track record in delivering performance improvements and lead generation via social, Search Engine Optimisation and email marketing.
- Experience in A/B testing and personalisation via 3rd party tools.
- Experience creating campaigns for search, social and email marketing.
- Experience in all aspects of website maintenance.
- Ability to optimise campaigns on data-based insights.
- Working knowledge of some of the following: Google Analytics, website CMS and CRM Marketing tools.
- A solid understanding of all aspects of media and specifically digital and social media’s role with visitor experience and user engagement in mind.
• A professional qualification (minimum Level 6 under the QQI Framework) in a related discipline is essential. DESIRABLE CRITERIA
• Knowledge of Fáilte Ireland brands and the broader Irish tourism product offering. KEY COMPETENCIES
• Strategic Thinking
• Managing Relationships
• Leverages Technologies
• Embracing Innovation
HOW TO APPLY
Please Upload the application form only via the Apply button before the closing deadline.
*CVs will not be considered.
*No Application forms will be considered after the deadline has passed
More details on how to fill a Competency based application here.
SALARY, KEY BENEFITS & LOCATION
Salary: €53,394 - €76,355* per annum
*This role will be filled in line with Public Pay Policy at Point 1 of the relevant Salary Scale unless the successful candidate is appointed from an existing public sector role
Blended work model with office location in any of the following:
• Áras Fáilte, 88-95 Amiens Street, Dublin 1, D01 WR86
• 3rd & 4th Floor Crescent House, Hartstonge Street, Limerick, V94 K35Y