Lead Control & Instrumentation Engineer
- Job Ref: 8854
Job: Lead Control & Instrumentation Engineer
Contract: 12 months (potential for extension)
Daily rate: €500 - €700, Depending on Experience
Location: Dublin / Remotely for design phase. The transition to the Project Sites as per project requirements will involve travel.
Our client is looking for a Lead Control & Instrumentation Engineer to work on 3 aero-derivative gas turbine projects in Dublin.
The successful candidate will report to the Lead Engineer or Project Manager C&I Team.
- Management of Technical Clarifications with consultants/contractors/utility providers during all stages of the projects.
- Management of correspondence with Contractors and Consultants and other project teams.
- Supporting Input on Commercial related items as they arise.
- Management of all technical documents received.
- Management of all technical scope during project engineering and execution
- Support project planning and resourcing in alignment with technical requirements for design, installation, validation, and commissioning.
- Lead and co-ordinate design review proposals, schedules and test protocols.
- Present on site or off-site for all key meetings
- Supervise as required on-site activities of contractors and subcontractors for C&I scope
- Lead requirements for FAT, SAT, and Commissioning
- Witness and acceptance for testing and commissioning
- Familiarisation with local working and safety procedures
- Ensure that all works undertaken during the project are executed in accordance with H&S
- Provide on time submission of all deliverables to the Contractor during all phases of the project
- Day to day supervision of contractors and their works.
- Work with the Project Finance Officer and PM to control costs for assigned contracts using agreed ESB protocols for cost management.
- Creation of C&I Close-Out Report
- Testing and Commissioning.
- 5 + years relevant working experience in the generation sector or a comparable industry
- Possess competence of generating plant C&I systems and applications including DCS and PLC systems, Environment, HMI and control networks, field instrumentation and control devices, plant protection, safety systems and devices
- Experience of power plant operations and maintenance technologies, systems, procedures, and practices
- Demonstrated experience with large and/or complex C&I works/projects, working from own initiative, taking ownership of works/projects, and driving self and others to deliver on objectives or projects
- Demonstrated internal and external stakeholder management.
- Strong time management, work prioritisation, collaboration, communication, and report writing skills.
- Full clean driving license and flexibility to travel nationally and internationally
Please get in touch now if you want to hear further information or if this role interests you!