Backend Python Developer
- Job Ref: 9126
- IT - Python
Our client, an internationally growing startup software company is looking for a Senior Python Backend Developer to join their expanding team in the Bavaria region of Germany. This is a post purchase experience product company that provides cloud shipment tracking across the globe in 153 countries. This role is fully remote but requires employees based around the Munich area.
- You will be joining their Engineering team as a Senior Backend Engineer.
- In this role, you will build the systems that power pre-checkout, delivery and returns experiences for more than 550 brands worldwide.
- Collaborate with Product Engineering Leadership and Product Owners to develop and maintain their product portfolio, which serves millions of users daily
- Design, develop, and optimize scalable backend applications using modern technologies and frameworks, such as Python, Django, REST/GraphQL APIs, Job Queues, and various databases
- Use modern development processes and best practices, including CI/CD, code quality checks, test automation, and infrastructure as code
- Actively contribute to code reviews and provide mentorship to junior team members
- Collaborate with stakeholders to ensure alignment with business objectives and customer needs
- Participate in cross-functional team meetings to gather requirements, provide technical insights, and drive product development
- Stay up-to-date with the latest industry trends, technologies, and best practices to maintain the competitive edge of our product offerings
- 4+ years of professional experience in software development, preferably with a focus on product engineering and highly scalable systems
- Proficient in Python, Django or FastAPI, or comparable stacks (e.g. Java, modern PHP, Ruby or Typescript)
- Strong experience with modern technologies, such as REST/GraphQL APIs, SQL, MongoDB, AWS, Terraform, and GitHub Actions
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team, with a strong commitment to a product-focused mindset
- Excellent problem-solving, critical thinking, and communication skills
- Fluent in English; proficiency in German is a plus
Please reach out to [email protected]
for more information