Software Architect - Python
We are looking for a dynamic, skilful, and enthusiastic Software Architect to join an Architecture team in a large gaming ang gambling software company in Dublin. We are on the lookout for a candidate with high quality, extensible code and who has experience working within an agile software development environment.
This opportunity offers up to €100k, 10%bonus, pension and healthcare and requires once a month in their south Dublin office.
• Design and develop architectural frameworks for web-based and mobile applications
• Design solutions which achieve high levels of performance, quality and end-user satisfaction
• Create design documents
• Provides technical guidance to developers on program coding and testing
• Resolves complex technical issues through debugging, research, and investigation
• Be familiar with standard concepts, practices, and procedures
• Participate in the full development life cycle including requirements analysis & documentation, and design.
• Advises development teams on development, testing and deployment
• Participate in code reviews to ensure applications support existing architecture and follow the defined framework guidelines and coding standards
• Develops creative solutions and functional prototypes to demonstrate proof of concepts and to enable rapid confirmation of design ideas
• Participate as a design leader in the creation of technological solutions
• Provide coverage and support of production application systems.
• Mentors our software developers
• Bachelor's degree in computer science or similar
• 5+ years of experience as a software engineer/architect is required
• Demonstrable experience of architecting and designing enterprise-level applications and Web Services for Linux servers and MySQL/Postgres databases
• Extensive experience of asynchronous programming, MySQL, REST, JSON, SOA, XML, Redis and enterprise-level ORM
• Expertise in designing and building multi-threaded, transactional and distributed systems
• Good working knowledge of software configuration management and continuous integration principles using tools such as Git, Jenkins, Vagrant and Ansible
• Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
• Experience with Python highly desirable
• Post graduate degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, Information
Technology or a related technical field
• Experience with Agile software development teams and knowledge of the software development lifecycle in a large enterprise environment
• Experience with Twisted
• Experience with logging/monitoring tools (such as New Relic, Zabbix and Graylog)
• Working knowledge of Amazon Web Services
If you feel this an opportunity that could be of interest to you, please click apply or email me at [email protected]